09 Feb Artist In Residence Connect Arts With Education
Artists in Residence program
The Artist in Residence (AIR) program is a collaboration between the Australia Council for the Arts, Arts Queensland and Education Queensland to provide an Artist in Residence program that recognises good practice and encourages innovation in arts and education programs in Queensland.
The AIR program gives artists an opportunity to broaden their experience and share their skills, while providing school students, teachers and pre-service teachers with greater exposure to the benefits of creative practice. It creates opportunities for artists, teachers and pre-service teachers to work together on developing effective teaching methods and practices for the arts.
The priorities of the AIR Program are to:
- develop collaborative practice between teachers, students and artists
- encourage collaborative projects that consider how students learn best (differentiation) and support a variety of teaching strategies
- build evidence for the value of the arts in supporting the development of literacy and numeracy skills and capabilities
- support the cross curriculum priorities of the Australian Curriculum
- explore student’s creative ideas, encourage risk taking and creative problem solving
- provide students with social learning opportunities
- offer personalised learning and authentic learning tasks.