24 Sep Creative Sparks Program
The Creative Sparks Program is a joint initiative of Brisbane City Council and Queensland Government through Arts Queensland.
The grant program aims to:
- implement creative projects that enrich Brisbane communities
- develop the professional practice of local artists and cultural workers
- support for arts and business partnerships
Funding round dates
The current round for applications is now open. Submissions close at midnight on Monday, 12 November 2012.
Notification of the outcomes for this round are scheduled for late January 2013. Successful applicants will receive their approval letter and funding agreement from the Lord Mayor. Unsuccessful applicants will receive details on how to seek feedback in their notification letter.
There are three funding categories:
- Creative projects that enrich Brisbane’s communities – encourages projects that implement creativity in any art form within a community that enriches the creative life of Brisbane. Projects will need to consider Brisbane’s identity, people, environment values, history and future, particularly for those areas of the city where access to cultural resources may be limited.
- Development opportunities for artists and cultural workers – support for artists and art workers in the development of their careers, creative practice and new work. This can include support for professional development opportunities, or research and/or development of arts projects.
- Arts and business partnerships – encourages artists and arts organisations to develop ongoing partnerships with businesses. Support may be available for new forms of collaboration between artists, cultural workers, businesses and communities.
Some documents on this page need Adobe Reader to view or print them. You can download Adobe Reader for free.
Before starting your application, read the:
How to apply online
Grant applications must be submitted online. The online application system allows you to save, develop and print out applications before you choose to submit them.
Fill in and submit your Creative Sparks Program application. (NOTE – The online application form is only available during the funding round dates.)
Successful applicants must abide by the full terms and conditions of the grant. These will be documented in the funding agreement. Download the:
Acquittal reports for previously successful applicants
A condition of grant approval is that you must provide Council with a completed acquittal report within 12 months of approval notification. This condition is outlined in the funding agreement signed by successful grant applications.
For successful applicants since 2011, acquittals are to be completed online. Complete the form by logging in and then clicking on your application number.
For successful applicants prior to 2010, phone Council on 07 3403 8888 and ask to speak with the Grants Unit. They will provide you with the required document.
If you need help to complete the online application form or information about this grant, phone Council on 07 3403 8888 and ask to speak with the Grants Unit.