05 May QATA Monthly Meeting this Wednesday! And other news….
Reminder that this Wednesday is our monthly meeting and it will be hosted by Linda Knight at QUT, Kelvin Grove in Room B219 kicking off at 4:30pm. With information on the International Drawing Project and Art and Education Research Degrees, it is sure to be an interesting one!
Agenda can be grabbed from here: QATA Agenda 2014 May 7 2014
See you there!
Jess and Adam
One Channel PD Session Tues 15 July
Information about the upcoming PD below!
|Themes as varied as personal stories, a sense of place and architectural history have been developed through the artists’ books held in the Australian Library of Art. Using forms such as altered books, paper engineering, book objects and flip books as well as the traditional codex each artist uses the book to tell a story or communicate a concept in a unique way. Learn how to access and use these beautiful resources in class.||Artists’ books are artworks that use the form or concept of the book. The Australian Library of Art has the largest collection of artists’ books in the country including both Australian and international works. Many have been digitised and are available for viewing through the State Library catalogue. Discover more about these works and be introduced to other ways to find out about the artists’ book community.|
EQ teachers can simply register through iConnect in The Learning Place.
Non-EQ teachers can follow these instructions:
- Ensure you have the latest Java java.com/en/download/index.jsp installed on your computer.
- Ensure your speakers and microphone are working (if using both).
- Click on this session link https://iconnect.eq.edu.au/join_meeting.html?meetingId=1337690451855
- You will be directed to the iconnect manager page.
- Sign in as a guest with your email, display name and password slq.
- Your display name could read your first name – school – number of participants (e.g. Jenny – St Peter’s – 2).
- Depending on your browser, you may need to keep, save, or run the program as it downloads.
- If you see The Learning Place login page, please ignore it. Do not attempt to login.
- If prompted with a security signature warning, click run.
- The Java application should load and you should see the Blackboard window.
- Once Blackboard has loaded, you need to accept the terms and conditions before seeing the session window.
- If you have any issues accessing the session, please contact 3421 6656.
Ad Space 2014 Date Claimer
This year’s AdSpace is scheduled for Friday, July 18 and it will be held in the CUBE this year. More details will be forthcoming about the event and how to register. If you are interested in being involved, please contact Professor Gayle Kerr, QUT at email@example.com