02 Mar Asia Pacific Design Library: Professional Development Opportunity
Posted at 07:26h in QATA | News & Events
Dear QATA Members,
I am forwarding on an opportunity to you from the SLQ Asia Pacific Design Library.
Teachers of Queensland!
My name is Natalie Wright and I am the Manager of the SLQ Asia Pacific Design Library. If the Asia Pacific Design Library’s Design Minds PD Day with Cooper Hewitt Fellow Terry Deen isn’t already fixed in your calendar, it should be. It’s a prime opportunity to:
- Hear from professionals across the current educational systems in Queensland
- Engage in professional dialogue about best practice and up-to-date debate regarding creative and critical thinking in ACARA + C2C
- Connect with teachers across STEAM disciplines
- Collaboratively design new learning and teaching experiences with fellow teachers across disciplines
- Develop, test and refine ideas (curriculum, units, lessons, public programs, grant proposals etc) with fellow teachers and experts from other educational platforms
- Celebrate the strengths of the broader creative/STEAM/design education communities in Queensland
- Learn how design education can help develop creative intelligence and 21st century skills in your classroom.
- Gain new insight into the future of design education
- Learn how to implement Design Minds and design thinking across disciplines
Four panellists from a range of educational, creative and cultural organisations, will present varying perspectives on 21st century approaches to education, as the impetus for teachers to generate future strategies for design as a pedagogical framework.
Terry Deen, who has recently returned from his fellowship at Cooper Hewitt Smithsonian Design Museum in New York, will also share his key insights and learnings, and also provide some advice and suggestions for those who are considering applying for the Cooper Hewitt fellowship.
This workshop will be useful to those who have attended our Intro to Design Thinking workshop and have an understanding of the Design Minds agenda. It is also suitable for teachers who want to introduce and develop design-based education, be a part of Queensland’s design education community and implement Design Minds in their classroom!
Design Minds PD Day with Cooper Hewitt Fellow kicks off Friday, March 13 from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm. Each ticket includes morning tea and lunch, and a resource folder to take home.
Visit Design Minds for more details and bookings at http://designminds.org.au/events/design-minds-pd-day-with-cooper-hewitt-fellow/ or contact me on 0411 330 875.
I hope you can join us!
Natalie Wright | Manager | Asia Pacific Design Library
State Library of Queensland | PO Box 3488 | South Brisbane 4101|