24 Jun Conference tickets update
Our special discounted tickets are only available for one more week. All ticket sales and workshop editing options will close Friday 28 July.
Discounted tickets are $100 per day for members and non-members.
For Friday registrations only, we have an additional experience at QUT Art Museum to visit the Vis-ability exhibition. Drawing on research in QUT’s Creative Industries Faculty, Vis-ability proposes alternative ways of engaging with the Art Collection, considering how technologies can deepen our understanding of vision and challenging our sight-driven experience of art.
Friday discount registration includes:
1A Celebrating diversity: implementing culturally appropriate indigenous protocols in Visual Art teaching – Panel Discussion: Christina Papadimitriou and Cassie Harris, Dr Bianca Beetson, Dr Robyn Heckenberg and Kim Ah Sam
2 – Your choice of (until capacity is reached):
- 2A Peninsula Art Educators Association – PAEA & Executive Team – Far North Queensland: Engaging in an authentic experience: The Dead Centre Project – stimulus for students and teachers
- 2B QCAA Senior Education Officer Megan Brunckhorst: You’re terrible Muriel: how to build community connections beyond the mural
- 2C Karen Hannay, Trish Honeywill, Lee Fullarton, Valerie Rogers: P-6 Visual Art – Australian Curriculum Pecha Kucha
- 2D: Young artists: Inspiring Teachers to Inspire Student Success PechaKucha
3A QCAA representatives, Angela Pratt and Jo-Anne Hine: QCAA presentation: senior syllabus and QCE frequently asked questions
4 – Your choice of (until capacity is reached):
- 4B: Christine Healey: Visual Thinking Strategies Introduction
- 4J Dr Luke Jaaniste: The Sound of Listening, The Space of Sounding
- 4I Vis-ability exhibition: Includes curatorial floor talk and return transport to QUT Art Museum, Gardens Point
Drinks and networking at the Roundhouse Theatre, QUT Kelvin Grove PLUS an exclusive free offer for all conference participants. Details coming soon.
Saturday discount registration includes:
5 – Your choice of (until capacity is reached):
- 5B Christine Healey: Visual Thinking Strategies Introduction 5C Christina Papadimitriou & Cassie Harris: Workshop #2 Finishing Touches
- 5C Christina Papadimitriou and Cassie Harris – Wearable Art Workshop #2: Finishing Touches
- 5G Naomi Blacklock: Sounding Body: Performative Sound in Contemporary Art Practice
6 – Your choice of (until capacity is reached):
- 6B Christine Healey – Visual Thinking Strategies
- 6C Christina Papadimitriou & Cassie Harris: Workshop #3 Top Shot
- 6G Naomi Blacklock: Sounding Body: Performative Sound in Contemporary Art Practice
Please note, discounted tickets have limited choices in workshops and attendees will not receive our special QATA conference merchandise giveaways. Of course full catering, amazing presentations, workshop materials and sponsor samples are all included in your ticket.