01 Dec QCAA is inviting Year 12 Arts teachers to submit exemplary student work for inclusion in the inaugural publication of Pinnacle.
Pinnacle 2020: The Arts will be an online showcase presenting outstanding school-based senior internal assessment. Pinnacle represents the work of students who have achieved the highest point of success in their field. Up to five student samples will be selected for each of The Arts General subjects.
Students will be notified about requirements for permission and commentary if shortlisted. Selected work will be accompanied by commentary from the student and teacher. For the 2020 publication, student work may also be collected by the QCAA from confirmation processes and samples.
Final selection of works will be determined by a panel of subject matter experts and will consider distribution of Queensland locations and school sectors.
Guidelines for submission
Schools may submit a maximum of one sample of exemplary internal assessment student work for each subject.
To be suitable for submission, student work should be:
- of outstanding quality in all criteria
- in alignment with syllabus conditions and requirements for the relevant assessment instrument
- appropriate for publication to a wide and varied audience
- able to be published without third party material. (Third party materials may be replaced with links where possible.)
What you need to do
For each submission:
- complete and email the attached Submission for Pinnacle 2020: The Arts form to firstname.lastname@example.org
- follow this link to the Licence for School material electronic form
- complete the required details
- attach the full student assessment response and a copy of the Internal Assessment instrument in the electronic form.
Submissions are due by Friday 11 December, 2020.
For more information, email Dani Towers, Principal Project Officer (Assessment Highlights), at email@example.com or phone (07) 3864 0399 (Monday, Thursday & Friday).