Earlybird registrations for Learning@hand, a two-day professional development opportunity showcasing the mobile learning (mLearning) and hand held technology empowering teachers and students to improve learning outcomes, have been extended to Friday 16 March 2012.
Learning@hand will be held on 29-30 April 2012 at the Cairns Convention Centre, and feature:
- international ICT and development expert, Wayan Vota
- leading mLearning and Indigenous educational speakers, including Chris Sarra, Victor Steffensen, Bob Rodgers, Adrian Grieg and Theresa Feletar
- professional development in how to best harness mLearning using mobile and hand-held devices
- stories from schools using best practice in mLearning
- networking and relationship-building opportunities.
Learning@hand is a cross sectoral event for school leaders, teachers, Indigenous Education Workers, teacher aides and those with an interest in mobile learning and Indigenous education. In addition, several of our partners have supplied the following giveaways that you can win for your school:
- 2 x Livescribe Smartpens (from Smartpen Australia) – randomly awarded just for registering
- Piano Apprentice: Piano Learning System for iPad, iPod and iPhone (from iWorld Australia)
- iHealth Scale (from iWorld Australia)
- GameChanger Game Board for iPad (from iWorld Australia)
- Big Grips Frame (from iWorld Australia)
- Gosh Keyboard Folio Case for iPad2 (from iWorld Australia)
One Laptop Per Child – will be giving away a range of prizes specifically for schools with XO laptops.
Apple will also be providing a limited number of iPads for loan during Learning@hand.
Visit the interactive site: http://www.learningathand.info