QLD Arts Associations
Universities and Galleries
National Advocates for Arts Education (NAAE) – NAAE advocates for arts education in schools, develops arts education policy, promotes quality teaching and learning in the arts, and works with government agencies, teachers, schools and tertiary institutions. As the recognised peak association in the arts learning area, the NAAE provides access to an extensive network of arts educators and artists, and represents the interests, concerns, values and priorities of arts educators across Australia. https://www.facebook.com/National-Advocates-for-Arts-Education-NAAE-1746780668881608/
- Arts Education Partnership – Dedicated to advancing the arts in education through research, policy and practice. This is a US site, but contains valuable sources and links to assist with Arts advocacy. http://www.aep-arts.org/
- This Arts Council England resource provides tips on talking to the public, the government and the media.
- Kultour is a national organisation committed to advancing cultural diversity in the arts in Australia.
- The Kennedy Centre Arts Education Advocacy Toolkit is targeted to an American audience to promote the cause for arts education in schools. This resource offers detailed approaches to building coalitions and networks and directions to clarify the goals of advocacy campaigns.
- Arts Access Australia offer Roadblock as an advocacy tool and exhibition. It’s a resource for raising awareness on a range of community initiatives which matter to you.
- We The Parents – This blog offers some useful art education advocacy resources from the parent perspective, such as 51 BENEFITS OF ARTS EDUCATION FOR KIDS