27 Feb The Australian Awards for Outstanding Teaching and School Leadership
These prestigious national Awards recognise and celebrate the outstanding contribution teachers and school leaders make to the lives of young Australians.
Nominations for the 2012 Australian Awards for Outstanding Teaching and School Leadership are now invited from Peak School Education Bodies in six award categories:
- Australian Primary Teacher of the Year (including special education)
- Australian Secondary Teacher of the Year (including special education)
- Australian Primary Principal of the Year (including special education and early childhood education)
- Australian Secondary Principal of the Year (including special education)
- Australian Early Childhood Teacher of the Year
- The Australian Government Minister’s Award for Excellence in Teaching or Leadership in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Education
Please note: Nominations can only be submitted by a Peak School Education Body . These are the government, Catholic and independent school authorities in each state and territory.
Minister Garrett Media Release – link to Minister Garrett website
2012 Awards video
Nominations close on 15 June 2012.
Enquiries about nominating an outstanding teacher or school leader should be directed to the relevant Peak School Education Body in the state or territory of your proposed nominee.