08 Jul 2013 Creative Generation Excellence Awards in Visual Art
The Creative Generation Excellence Awards in Visual Art recognise and promote excellence in senior visual art education throughout Queensland state and non-state schools.
Submissions for the Creative Generation Excellence Awards in Visual Art will close at 5pm on Friday 19 July 2013. Late submissions will not be accepted.
Since 1990, the program has helped raise community awareness of the degree of sophistication in concepts, diversity of technical competence, and the high standard of visual art education in Queensland secondary schools.
If you are a school offering senior visual art, you are encouraged to enter students’ works that demonstrate:
- highly developed imagery and/or iconography with effective and deliberate communication of meaning
- expressive and/or innovative aesthetic choices through the control of visual language
- purposeful and considered manipulation and exploitation of media, techniques and processes
- application of knowledge and critical understanding of media, techniques and processes that allows a thorough degree of visual and expressive resolution
- a sustained engagement, which invites further inquiry from the onlooker.
The program comprises of:
- the submission of three digital photographs of student art work and supporting information via a secure website
- regional exhibitions showcasing submitted works
- regional workshops for selected students
- an exhibition of awarded works at the Gallery of Modern Art, Brisbane.
To submit, visit the How to enter page.
The Creative Generation Excellence Awards in Visual Art online gallery, features all entries to the awards in 2012. The online gallery is an easy way to view works by region and school.
Enjoy the artistic talents of our senior visual art students and visit the 2012 Online gallery.