06 Oct Implementing the Australian Curriculum: The Arts, a Twilight Forum organised by QAAE
Spread the word! Now is the time to get your plans in place for the implementation of The Arts in your primary or secondary school setting. The Queensland professional associations for arts educators are proud to announce:
Implementing the Australian Curriculum: The Arts, a Twilight Forum organised by the Queensland Advocates for Arts Education (QAAE).
When: Wednesday 14 October, 5:00pm to 7:00pm (Registrations & coffee 4:30pm)
Info and Registration: http://asmeqld.org.au/qaae/
The forum will include:
· key messages of the Australian Curriculum: The Arts
· an introduction to Curriculum to Classroom (C2C) information and resources that will be available to all schooling sectors
· discussions about arts implementation and an opportunity to ask questions in an open forum
· an introduction to the key professional Arts associations in the state.
· Michael Dezuanni (QUT)
· Sandra Gattenhof (QUT)
· Andrew Reid and Mahoney Archer (C2C Arts Curriculum Managers)
· Representatives from different sectors across primary and secondary settings.
This forum is an opportunity for:
· Primary and secondary teachers
· Deputy Principals
· Heads of Curriculum
· Heads of Department
· Subject Coordinators
· Primary Arts specialists
This Twilight Forum is presented by the Queensland Advocates for Arts Education (QAAE) which represents the five major professional associations for arts educators in Queensland and the Primary Arts Network.
Dance – Ausdance Queensland (Ausdance Educators Queensland)
Drama – Drama Queensland (DQ)
Media Arts – Australian Teachers of Media Queensland (ATOM Qld)
Music – Australian Society for Music Education (Qld Chapter),
Visual Art – Queensland Art Teachers’ Association (QATA),
Primary Arts Network – Primary Arts Network Ipswich (PAN and PANI)
Queensland Advocates for Arts Education