18 Jun QATA Conference discounted tickets
Thanks to your very generous support, the Annual QATA State Conference has now sold out. This year we offer two very full and inspiring days of curriculum exchange, artist inspiration and creative experiences.
This is very exciting news, but we don’t like to leave anyone disappointed. This year we would like to offer a small number of single- or two-day discounted tickets to fill the few available spots in the program.
Discounted tickets are $100 per day for members and non-members.
For Friday registrations only, we have an additional experience at QUT Art Museum to visit the Vis-ability exhibition. Drawing on research in QUT’s Creative Industries Faculty, Vis-ability proposes alternative ways of engaging with the Art Collection, considering how technologies can deepen our understanding of vision and challenging our sight-driven experience of art.
Visitors will have the opportunity to experience tactile models and audio descriptions, in conjunction with selected works on display. Vis-ability aims to increase the visibility of the QUT Art Collection, while broadening audiences’ perception of ‘visual’ art. It brings to light that which is unseen, and draws on different perspectives, positions and senses, to encourage different ways of seeing.
Friday discount registration includes:
1A Celebrating diversity: implementing culturally appropriate indigenous protocols in Visual Art teaching – Panel Discussion: Christina Papadimitriou and Cassie Harris, Dr Bianca Beetson, Dr Robyn Heckenberg and Kim Ah Sam
2 – Your choice of (until capacity is reached):
- 2A Peninsula Art Educators Association – PAEA & Executive Team – Far North Queensland: Engaging in an authentic experience: The Dead Centre Project – stimulus for students and teachers
- 2B QCAA Senior Education Officer Megan Brunckhorst: You’re terrible Muriel: how to build community connections beyond the mural
- 2C Karen Hannay, Trish Honeywill, Lee Fullarton, Valerie Rogers: P-6 Visual Art – Australian Curriculum Pecha Kucha
3A QCAA representatives, Angela Pratt and Jo-Anne Hine: QCAA presentation: senior syllabus and QCE frequently asked questions
4 – Your choice of (until capacity is reached):
- 4G Lee Fullarton, Karen Hannay, Trish Honeywill: P-6 practical exchange workshop
- 4J Dr Luke Jaaniste: The Sound of Listening, The Space of Sounding
- 4I Vis-ability exhibition: Includes curatorial floor talk and return transport to QUT Art Museum, Gardens Point
Drinks and networking at the Roundhouse Theatre, QUT Kelvin Grove.
Saturday discount registration includes:
5 – Your choice of (until capacity is reached):
- 5C Christina Papadimitriou & Cassie Harris: Workshop #2 Finishing Touches
- 5D Chris Bennie: Video Art as process in art room contexts
- 5G Naomi Blacklock: Sounding Body: Performative Sound in Contemporary Art Practice
- 5J Ian Vogt & Andrew Peachey: From a Difficult Distance: creating rich, authentic experiences grounded in the local
6 – Your choice of (until capacity is reached):
- 6C Christina Papadimitriou & Cassie Harris: Workshop #3 Top Shot
- 6D Chris Bennie: Video Art as process in art room contexts
- 6E Naomi O’Reilly: An Introduction to creating Video Art
- 6F Kim Ah Sam: Weaving Workshop
- 6G Naomi Blacklock: Sounding Body: Performative Sound in Contemporary Art Practice
Please note, discounted tickets have limited choices in workshops and attendees will not receive our special QATA conference merchandise giveaways. Of course full catering, amazing presentations, workshop materials and sponsor samples are all included in your ticket.
All of our workshops offer valuable and creative learning experiences. You will not be disappointed!
See the conference program for full workshop details or register now.